Let’s decorate our downtown this winter!
Discover all the wonderful nooks and crannies along Park Street and throughout the Downtown Alameda shopping district.
Alameda Merchants work with Bay Area Artists!
This winter, through a collaboration with 2nd Friday ArtWalk, Downtown Alameda businesses can team up with local artists to create unique and creative holiday window displays. Each business will have the option to work with a local artist to design a theme for their window(s) or choose an employee or friend to take on the challenge.
Shoppers and select judges will vote for their favorite window Nov. 30 – Dec. 21, 2017.
*Scroll for complete artist and merchant list. Photos, links and bios coming soon!
1. Best overall
2. Best use of lights
3. Best use of merchandise/products
4. Most creative
5. Social media favorite
* There will be one 1st place winner in each category. Winner’s 1-5 will receive $100 dollar gift card from FLAX.
* Winners 1 & 2 will also receive a $150 dollar cash prize from Downtown Alameda Business Association
Important! Terms and conditions are subject to change.
* The community will be encouraged to vote for their favorite window. Simply take a photo of your favorite window and post to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #DAHWC
* Select judges will review display windows and hashtag votes to choose final winners for all categories.
* Voting takes place Nov. 30 – Dec. 21, 2017.
Meet the Artists!
Not all artists that submit will be selected. The amount of local artists selected will depend directly on the number of local shops participating.
Meet the Downtown Alameda Merchants
Self Guided Tour…
Glass Tek 1726 Park Street
Alameda Marketplace 1650 Park Street
Starland School of Music 1631 Park Street
Fort Knox 1546 Park Street
Bead Inspirations 1544 Park Street
D20 Games 1530 Park Street
Lost City Antiques 1519 Park Street
The Sewing Room 2434 Webb Ave
Remax Tribute 2437 Santa Clara Ave
Alameda See Spot Run 2510 Santa Clara Ave
Twirl 1424 Park Street
Lauren’s Closet 1420 Park Street
Toy Safari 1410 Park Street
Lanvie 1419 Park Street
Dandelion Flowers & Gifts 1419 Park St, STE G
Tot Tank 1413 Park Street
Park Jewelers 1401.5 Park Street
Hearing Zone 2314 Central Ave
Janene’s Bridal Boutique 2418 Central Ave
Tootsies Alameda 1350 A Park Street
Books Inc. 1344 Park Street
Tucker’s Ice Cream 1349 Park Street
We Are Hair 1343 Park Street
All Good Living 2332 Alameda Ave
The Local 1333 Park Street
Starbaby Studio 1309 Park Street
Studio 23 2309 Encinal Ave
Julie’s Coffee & Tea Garden 1223 Park Street
C&M Upholstery 1211 Park Street
Also visit: http://downtownalameda.com/Holidays
First come first serve! Please confirm in the registration if you would like to be matched up with an artist. If there are no artists available at that time, you will be put on a waiting list to be matched with an artist. We will do our absolute best to match you up with a local artist. Thanks for participating!
* Merchants must have a window and be on or near Park Street and be a member of the Downtown Alameda Business Association.
* Minimum $50 cash donation from each merchant expected for artist supplies.
Looking forward to seeing Park Street transformed this winter!